What Services do we offer?

     * Texas License to Carry / LTC/CHL

     * Learn to Shoot (Beginner Handgun Class)

     * Personal Protection / CQB-Close Quarter Battle

     *Basic Handgun Training

     *Certified Online License to Carry Course




Does a customer have to be a certain age to buy firearms or ammunition from a licensee?

Yes. Under the Gun Control Act (GCA), shotguns and rifles, and ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 18 years of age or older. All firearms other than shotguns and rifles, and all ammunition other than ammunition for shotguns or rifles may be sold only to individuals 21 years of age or older. Licensees are bound by the minimum age requirements established by the GCA regardless of State or local law. However, if State law or local ordinances establish a higher minimum age for the purchase or disposition of firearms, the licensee must observe the higher age requirement.

[18 U.S.C. 922(b)(1) and (b)(2); 27 CFR 478.99(b)]

All questions concerning your Texas LTC are found on the Texas DPS website.(Click here )

Why so many rounds of ammo?

If you're like us, shooting is fun. We ask that you bring enough ammo to shoot the basic class requirements as well as practice ammo prior to the final course of fire.

STEPS to applying for my Texas License to Carry Permit:

1. Take the Texas License to Carry Course from a Texas Certified LTC Instructor.

   Complete the course, written exam and firearms qualification.

2. Apply with the State of Texas. (See above - REGISTER FOR MY NEW LICENSE HERE) Cost $42.95

3. Complete the Fingerprint requirement withIdentogo.com   using the Code - 119Q91 identifying the reason is for Handgun Permit in Texas. Cost $10.00

4. Submit your LTC-100 or LTC-101 form signed by your instructor to the State of Texas (See above - SUBMIT MY LTC-100 or LTC-101 FOR TH TEXAS HERE). Note: you must convert your LTC-100 or LTC-101 to a .pdf file to email it to Texas

5. WAIT...... The Regulatory Services Division of DPS will begin processing your application only after all paperwork has been completed. Usual wait time for your license is 2-4 weeks.

Are there certain persons who cannot legally receive or possess firearms and/or ammunition?

Yes, a person who —

Has been convicted in any court of a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year;
Is a fugitive from justice;
Is an unlawful user of or addicted to any controlled substance;
Has been adjudicated as a mental defective or has been committed to a mental institution;
Is an alien illegally or unlawfully in the United States or an alien admitted to the United States under a nonimmigrant visa;
Has been discharged from the Armed Forces under dishonorable conditions;
Having been a citizen of the United States, has renounced his or her citizenship;
Is subject to a court order that restrains the person from harassing, stalking, or threatening an intimate partner or child of such intimate partner; or
Has been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
Cannot lawfully receive, possess, ship, or transport a firearm.
A person who is under indictment or information for a crime punishable by imprisonment for a term exceeding 1 year cannot lawfully receive a firearm.

Such person may continue to lawfully possess firearms obtained prior to the indictment or information.

[18 U.S.C. 922(g) and (n), 27 CFR 478.32]

What type of clothing should I wear?

We suggest a hat of some type, a shirt with a button up collar and long pants. No open "V" neck shirts will be allowed. Hot brass will find a way. And comfortable shoes. Many shooters bring a neck scarf to prevent brass from hitting your neck.

May an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA in any State?

Generally, a person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State. Exceptions include the acquisition pursuant to a lawful bequest, or an over–the–counter acquisition of a rifle or shotgun from a licensee where the transaction is allowed by the purchaser’s State of residence and the licensee’s State of business. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C 922(a)(3); 27 CFR 478.29]

What type of eye and ear protection should I use?

Handguns and rifles are loud. We recommend ear protection that completely covers the ear. Ear plugs are ok and are approved, however complete ear coverage is best. Eye protection is necessary in any sport like this. Prescription glasses are approved as well as standard shooting glasses.

What type of handgun can I use?

Handguns come in all shapes and sizes. We recommend one that first is a name brand and you know will function when you need it to. If you don't have one, pick one that fits your hand comfortably. And lastly, pick one that you will be able to get ammo at any store that sells guns and ammo.

Storage and Safe Keeping:

As a gun owner, you and you alone are responsible for the storage and safe keeping of all your weapons. We suggest gun locks and a safe with very limited access to the key or combination. 

How do I clean my gun?

In most all classes, we teach cleaning techniques. We suggest you bring a cleaning kit and clean your weapon system prior to leaving the range. Experience has taught us it simply won't get cleaned if you don't. There are many cleaning kits out there.  For the hobby shooter, we suggest simple. We sell a host of gun cleaning kits for most any gun. Video Demonstration