Classes Other Than License to Carry
Each course is designed to prepare you to safely and confidently handle these types of weapon systems. It addresses a wide range of tactics and techniques. Some participants attending these courses have found them to be physically challenging. Anyone attending these courses should be able to walk moderate distances, jog, kneel, crawl, lay prone and get up quickly.
Recommended Equipment: We realize many attending will have experience with these types of weapon systems. We ask those attending have a good attitude, open mind, clothing conducive for crawling around on the ground, water and or hydration system, and inclement weather gear (majority of course is outside regardless of weather conditions).
Weapon System and Ammo Requirements:
Handgun - Functioning handgun with minimum of 3 magazines. Handgun calibers will be limited to 9mm, .357 sig, .40 cal., .45 cal. with at least 200 rounds of ammo.
Rifle - Functioning AR-15 style rifle with at least 2 magazines. Rifle slings are preferred for transition training. Rifle caliber will be limited to 9mm, .40 cal, .223 (5.56) with at least 250 rounds of ammo.
LTC Course Requirements:
1. Complete the LTC Course with a certified instructor, passing both the written and and practical portions of the course. The written test consist of 25 questions, 70% is required to pass. The firearms qualification consist of a 50 round course 20 rds. @ 3 yds., 20 rds. @ 7 yrds and 10 rds. @ 15 yrds. A score of 175 of 250 possible points is required to pass.
2. Submit your application to the State of Texas along with your fingerprints.
3. Submit your completed LTC-100 or 101 form to the State of Texas once your have completed the course. (These forms will be provided by the instructor once you have completed the course.)
4. Allow 2-6 weeks for delivery of your Texas LTC License.
Texas License to Carry Classes:
Each class will consist of approximately 4 1/2 hours of classroom lecture. We will cover the mandated modules required by the State of Texas. After, we will proceed to the range for the course of fire. Each student will be required to pass both written exam and firearms portion in order to pass the class. If you need basic instructions, we can only help you prior to the shooting portion. If you need more instruction, or are a beginner, we suggest you take the Learn to Shoot Class prior to the LTC shooting requirement. You will need to supply a minimum of 100 rounds of ammo for the Learn to Shoot Class, eye and ear protection and an approved weapon. If you do not have a gun or ammo, we have ammo for sale and guns to rent.
"A pint of sweat will save a gallon of blood." - General George Patton.
LTC CLASS LOCATION AND FIREARMS
1. November Classes will be held at the Jerry Ware Terminal 5900 Jerry Ware Drive, Beaumont, Tx 77705. (The Old Terminal)(Jack Brooks Airport)
2. Class will begin promptly at 8:30 am that morning. Check-in will begin at 8:00.
3. We will shoot at Leger's Gun Range 14061 Hwy 90, Beaumont, Tx. 77713 that afternoon. You will need 50 rounds of ammo and gun. We have guns for rent, ammo for sale along with eye and ear protection for sale.
4. If you signed up for the Learn to Shoot Class, if will be held the Friday before, Captain Walker will call you the week of class and conform the times.
An email will be sent the week of class with more detailed information. If you have questions, please do not hesitate to call.
See Ya there!